Spore – Fix for the Bad_DATA problem
The problem with the new EP1 is that it introduces a rather annoying problem that displays all planets and galaxies in the game with BAD_DATA name. It’s very frustrating and can make your game seem like hell, as it’s impossible to find a lot of locations. Luckily I found a solution in the official forums. SporeMasterKaliena and Vycka. They have different solutions. I will post here the one that I have used:
1)Rightclick over the shortcut for Spore (If you don’t have one – create one onto your desktop)
2) Select “Properties” from the menu
3) Where it says Target: it needs to read “C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\SporebinEP1\SporeApp.exe” -locale:en-us
4) All you should need to add to the target is the “-locale:en-us” bit.
This will work, HOWEVER NOTE:- Any planets or stars you have previously selected or hightlighted which said “Bad_Data” will continue to say “Bad_Data” if you saved the game, but any new stars,planets will now have proper names.